Question: Which of the following award is conferred to martyr Lance Naik Nazir Wani on Republic Day, 2019?
(a) Shaurya Chakra
(b) Param Veer Chakra
(c) Ashoka Chakra
(d) Kirti Chakra
- India celebrated its 70th Republic Day on January 26, 2019. This momentous day observed parade in Rajpath alongwith various other cultural programmes and facilitations.
- India hosted South African President Cyril Ramaphosa as the Chief Guest of the event.
- The celebration started with PM Modi paying tribute at Amar Jawan Jyoti after which National Flag was unfurled by President Ram Nath Kovind and National Anthem was played with 21 gun salute.
- Miltant turned army men Lance Naik Nazir Wani of Jammu & Kashmir was conferred India`s highest peacetime gallantry Award Ashoka Chakra posthumously by President. It was received by his Mother and Wife.
- The parade was commanded by Lieutenant General Asit Mistry, General Officer Commanding, Headquarters Delhi Area.
- This year all women marching contingent of the Assam Rifles took part for the first time which was led by Major Khusboo Kanwar displaying Nari Shakti.
- The contingent of Gwalior Lancers 61 Cavalry led by Major Apurva Dabhade also paraded. It is the only active serving horse Cavalry Regiment in the world which was raised on 01 August 1953 with the amalgamation of six State Forces’ Cavalry Units.
- Tanks and missiles of Army also paraded in the event. This includes T- 90 Bhishma, Ballway Machine Pikate (BMP-II/IIK), Surface Mine Clearing System (SMCS), K-9 Vajra-T, M 777 A2 Ultra Light Howitzer (ULH), Transportable Satellite Terminal (TST), Akash weapon system.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) displayed Medium range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM).
- Twenty-two tableaux, comprising of 16 from different States & Union Territories and six Ministries, Departments and other institutions displaying life, times and ideals of Mahatma Gandhi were displayed. This year is his 150th birth anniversary.
- Twenty-six children including six girls and 20 boys Awardees of Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puruskar 2019 for their exceptional achievement also graced the occasion.
- Various awards for Gallantry and other distinguished works were given to brave soldiers and personnel.
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal was given to 19 personnel including Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat.
- Kirti Chakra was awarded to 2, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal to 3 and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal to 32 personnel. Various other awards were also given in different category.
- Tripura bagged the best Tableau Award. The tableau had theme ‘Empowering Rural Economy the Gandhian Way’. Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab came second and third.
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) won the Best Tableau Trophy of Republic Day Parade.