Question: Rourkela steel plant was established with the help of which country?
(c) Western Germany
- On June 11, 2018 the Union Minister of Steel, Chaudhary Birender Singh dedicated the rebuilt Blast Furnace-1 ‘Parvati’ of SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) to the Nation.
- Parvati is the first Blast Furnace of SAIL that was dedicated to the nation on 3rdFebruary 1959 by the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
- The Blast Furnace was put down on 6thAugust 2013 for total rebuilding.
- Although erected on the old foundation, the rebuilt furnace equipped with superior technology has a higher production capacity.
- With the rebuilding, the annual production capacity, of the furnace has increased from 0.438 Million tonnes (MT) to 1.015 MT.
- The Steel Minister also laid the foundation stone of the Burns and Plastic Surgery Department of Super Specialty block at Ispat General Hospital.
- Rourkela Steel Plant was established in the year 1955 located in Odisha state, this plant was established with the help of western Germany.
- This is the first integrated steel plant in the public sector in India.