Question: Name the two Indians who were named for the prestigious Magsaysay Award for the year 2018?
(a) Rajendra Singh and Ashok Choubey
(b) Bharat Vatwani and Sonam Wangchuk
(c) TM Krishna and Bezwada Wilson
(d) Sunita Narain and Poonam Mahajan
- On July 26, 2018, Ramon Magsaysay awards, popularly known as Nobel of Asia, were declared for year 2018.
- Ramon Magsaysay Award is the Asia’s highest honor established by Ramon Magsaysay Foundation in 1957.
- It celebrates the memory and leadership example of the third president of Philippines after whom the award is named.
- The 2018 Magsaysay Awardees are-
(i) Youk Chhang, from Cambodia
(ii) Maria de Lourdes Martins Cruz, from East Timor
(iii) Howard Dee, from the Philippines
(iv) Bharat Vatwani, from India
(v) Vo Thi Hoang Yen, from Vietnam
(vi) Sonam Wangchuk, from India
- The six 2018 Magsaysay awardees join the community of 324 other Magsaysay laureates whohave received Asia’s highest honor to date.
- This year’s Magsaysay Award winners will eachreceive a certificate, a medallion bearing the likeness of the late President, and a cash prize.
- They will be formally conferred the Magsaysay Award during formal Presentation Ceremonies to be held on Friday, 31 August 2018 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.