Ques: Ramaswamy R Iyer who died recently is known for-
a. Well known water policy expert
b. Well known classical dancer
c. Well known politician
d. Well known nuclear scientist
- September 9, 2015 renowned water policy expert Ramaswamy R. Iyer passed away in New Delhi following a severe bout of viral fever.
- Born in October 1929, in Thakkalai, Tamil Nadu, Mr. Iyer was known for producing a rich body of commentary on water policy and environmental issues.
- His erudite opinion pieces in the pages of The Hindu were widely read and appreciated by regular readers.
- His last held position was that of an honorary research professor at the Centre for Policy Research.
- Iyer served as Secretary of Water Resources in the central government and was instrumental in drafting India’s first National Water Policy in 1987.