Question: What is the net worth of Project in Yamuna towns, approved under Namami Gange?
(a) Rs. 1387.71 Cr
(b) Rs. 1397.71 Cr
(c) Rs. 1487.71 Cr
(d) Rs. 1587.71 Cr
- In its 20th Executive Committee meeting held on 15th February, 2019, sewerage, infrastructure and other projects worth Rs. 1387.71 Cr in Yamuna towns approved under Namami Gange.
- The projects involve construction and renovation of sewage treatment plants, online monitoring systems of sewage treatment plants and other infrastructure projects.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) also approved projects on tributaries for Firozabad, Etawah, Baghpat, Meerut, Agra and Chunar.
Enumeration of Status of Districts:
- Etawah: Sewage infrastructure project worth Rs 140.6 crores were given the go-ahead by the EC.
- Firozabad: Sewerage infrastructure projects worth Rs 51.08 crores have been approved by the EC
- Baghpat: Projects worth Rs 77.36 crores has been approved for sewerage infrastructure.
- Meerut: The EC has approved projects worth Rs. 681.78 crores.
- Agra: The EC has approved sewerage infrastructure projects worth Rs 317.2 crores.
- Chunar: The EC has approved a project worth Rs. 2.70 crores for Faecal Sludge Management and Pollution Abatement in Chunar city.
- Moreover, Reviving aquatic biodiversity in the Ganga River is one of the key focus areas of the Namami Gange Programme. Important projects have been approved by the Executive Committee to restore aquatic life in the Ganga.
- A project addressing the Urban Drivers of River Health in the Ganga River Basin was awarded to the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA).