Question: In which of the following states Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated LPG bottling plant?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Kochi on January 21, 2019 where he laid the foundation of a petrochemical complex at the refinery and a skill development institute at Ettumanoor.
- He also inaugurated a mounded storage vessel at the LPG bottling plant of the Indian Oil Corporation Limited. It has a total storage capacity of 4350 MT.
- He also dedicated an integrated refinery expansion complex of the public sector Bharat Petroleum Corporation limited at the Kochi Refinery to the nation.
- Equipped for production of cleaner fuels, the integrated refinery is a modern expansion complex and would transform the Kochi Refinery as the largest PSU refinery with world class standards in the country.
- It will double the production of LPG and diesel and commence production of feedstock for petrochemical projects in the plant.
- LPG receipt through pipeline will bring down movement of LPG tankers on roads.
- Petrochemical complex, BPCL Kochi refinery are developed under Make in India initiative aiming to reduce the dependence on imports.
- The skill development institute inaugurated at Ettumanoor will provide vocational training and enhance employability and entrepreneurship for youth both in oil & gas and other industries. It is setup in eight acre campus with the capacity to skill around 1,000 youths annually in 20 different set of skills.
By Ramayan Upadhyay