Question: Who has been awarded with the Seoul Peace Prize 2018?
(a) Donald Trump ( US President)
(b) Baba Ramdev
(c) Prime Minister Narendra Modi
(d) Angela Merkel
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the Seoul Peace Prize 2018 for his contribution to high economic growth in India and world through Modinomics, which is working for reducing social and economic disparity between the rich and the poor.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the fourteenth recipient of this award. He will be presented with an award, plaque and honorarium of $200,000.
- The award will be presented by the Seoul Peace Prize Foundation at a mutually convenient time.
- The Committee also credited Prime Minister for his contribution towards regional and global peace through a proactive foreign policy with countries around the world under the ‘Modi Doctrine’ and the ‘Act East Policy.’
- The Seoul Peace Prize was established in 1990 to commemorate the success of the 24th Olympic Games held in Seoul, Republic of Korea and also to crystallize the Korean people’s yearning for peace on the Korean Peninsula and in the rest of the world.
- This Prize is given biennially to those individuals who have made their mark through contributions to the harmony of mankind, reconciliation between nations and to world peace.
- Past laureates include distinguished global personalities like former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and renowned international relief organizations like Doctors without Borders and Oxfam.