Question: Recently, Who has won the Prime Minister election held in Mauritius?
(a) Mohammed Solih
(b) Pravind Jugnauth
(c) Bobby Jindal
(d) Tulsi Gabbard
- Militant Socialist Movement (MSM), the ruling party of Mauritius has won more than half of the seats in parliament in the recent held parliamentary election waving way for the incumbent Prime Minister Pravind Kumar Jugnauth a five-year term.
- Mauritius is a prosperous Indian Ocean island of 1.3 million people having large share of Indian diaspora.
- MSM has won 38 of the 62 seats while the Labour Party and the Mauritian Militant Movement (MMM) managed 13 and 9 seats respectively.
- Jugnauth was lifted to the post of prime minister in 2017 when his father stepped down from the post.
- Some 723,660 voters, 76.84 percent of those eligible, turned out for the ballot.