Question: Consider the following statements regarding Kumbh Mela 2019:
1) Prayagraj Kumbh Mela 2019 has been placed in the Guinness World Records biggest sanitation and waste disposal mechanism
2) The biggest painting exercise of public sites under paint my city scheme was one of them that sets Guinness World Record
Which of the following is/are correct?
(a) Only (1)
(c) Both(1) and (2)
(d) Neither(1) nor (2)
- Kumbh Mela 2019, (from 15th January, 2019 to 4th March 2019) as the world’s largest religious gathering, booked several Guinness World Records.
- The Guinness World Records in three sectors are:
- The biggest sanitation and waste disposal mechanism,
- The largest traffic and crowd management plan, and
- The biggest painting exercise of public sites for any fair
- Kumbh is a symbol of peace and harmony amongst all human beings. The Kumbh Mela has been inscribed on the list of “Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity” by UNESCO in 2017.
- This reflects the significance of Kumbh worldwide.
- Kumbh at Prayagraj encapsulates the science of astronomy, astrology, spirituality, ritualistic traditions, social and cultural customs and practices making it extremely rich in knowledge.
- Kumbh also signifies the coming together of people from various cultures from all across the world and participating in the spectacle that is the largest peaceful congregation of humanity.
- Participating in the ritual of the holy bath at the Ghats is an honor and a privilege