Question: Consider the following statements regarding Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojna:
(1)It was launched by the Prime Minister in January 2019
(2) Under this scheme People of Indian-Origin (PIO) will be taken on a govt. sponsored tour of religious places twice a year
(3) People belonging to Girmitiya Countries will be given first preference
Of the above correct statement/s is/are:
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Only 3
(d) All of the above
- On 22nd January 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojna.
- Under this scheme a group of Indian diaspora will be taken on a govt. sponsored tour of religious places in India twice a year.
- The first batch of 40 people of Indian origin will be selected on Pravasi Bhartiya Divas. The selected people will be taken to religious places of all major religions in India.
- It is noteworthy that 15th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas convention was held in Varanasi from 21st Jan – 23rd Jan 2019.
- People of Indian – origin aged 45 to 65 can apply and a group will be selected out of them with first preference given to people form ‘Girmitiya Countries’.
- Girmitiya Countries are countries including Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, and Jamaica.