Question: Book titled The Diary of Manu Gandhi was launched by?
(a) Prahlad Singh Patel
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Arvind Subramaniam
(d) Arvind Kejriwal
- Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel launched a book titled- The Diary of Manu Gandhi at a function in New Delhi on 22nd August, 2019.
- The book has been brought out by National Archives of India, on the occasion of 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in collaboration with Oxford University Press.
- Mr Patel lauded this effort of National Archives of India (NAI) and Oxford University Press for translating the book The Diary of Manu Gandhi in English.
- He said this translation will help entire world to understand the life of Mahatma Gandhi. He also urged NAI to translate the Diary into other Indian languages.
- The Diary of Manu Gandhi originally written in Gujarati language has been edited and translated by a well known scholar Dr. Tridip Suhrud.
- The first volume of the book covers the period of 1943-1944. Manu Gandhi was a grand niece of Mahatma Gandhi.