Question: Recently writer Prabhanjan passed away. Which of the following statement is/are correct about the writer?
(1) He wrote in Tamil language
(2) His novel Vaanam Vasapadum was awarded with Sahitya Akademi Award. Correct option
(a) 1 and 2
(b) Only 1
(c) Only 2
(d) None of the above.
- Acclaimed Tamil writer and critic Prabhanjan (S.Vaidyalingam) died on 21st December 2018, in Pondicherry. He was born in 1945 and was suffering from Lung Cancer. He was a prominent literary figure for over 40 years.
- He won the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award for his novel Vaanam Vasapadum in 1995. He began his career as a Tamil teacher in Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu and later started writing. His works have been translated into Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, German, French, English and Swedish.
- His works have influence of Self Respect Movement. He was also awarded with Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad Award and The Tamil Literary Garden Award.