Question: Which Ministry recently launched the PRAAPTI app and web portal?
(a) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
(b) Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
(c) Ministry of Power (Energy)
(d) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- On May 29th, 2018, Union Minister of State for Energy (Independent Charge) R.K. Singh launched the web portal “PRAAPTI” (Payment Ratification and Analysis in Power Procurement for bringing transparency in Invoicing of generators) www.praapti.in
- PRAAPTI app and web portal have been developed to bring transparency in power transactions between power producers and power distribution companies (discom).
- This app and web portal will collect invoices and payment data for various long-term power purchase agreements from power producers.
- This will help the stakeholders to obtain monthly and traditional data of the outstanding balance of power distribution companies in terms of power purchase.
- Through this app, users can also get information related to the payments made to the power producer by the power distribution companies, can also evaluate the financial performance of the companies.
- This portal will be helpful in evaluating the relative ease of payment to various power producers companies in the relative assessment of power distribution companies to various states.