Question: Who has been appointed as new Member of CERC?
(a) Indu Shekhar Jha
(b) Lal Chharliana Pachuau
(c) Dr. T.C.A. Anant
(d) Dr. Lal Charan Singh
- Indu Shekhar Jha has been appointed as a new member of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) on 21st January 2019.
- The oath ceremony was administered by Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy Mr. R.K. Singh.
- Prior to this he was holding the post of CMD, Powergrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) since 2015.
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC):
- CERC is established by Government of India under the Electricity Regulatory Commission (ERC) Act 1998.
- CERC is the central Commission for the purposes of the Electricity Act, 2003 which has repealed the ERC Act 1998.
- The Commission consists of a Chairperson and four other members including chairperson of Central Electricity Authority who is Ex-officio member of the Commission.