Question: Recently, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj launched the HRD Ministry ‘Study in India Portal’. Students of How many countries will get the facility of application for enrollment in 160 different Indian institutions on this portal?
- On April 18th, 2018, Union External Affairs Minister, Smt Sushma Swaraj and Minister of State for HRD, Dr. Satya Pal Singh jointly launched the Study in India programme of HRD Ministry by launching the ‘Study in India’ portal (www.studyinindia.gov.in) at the India Habitat Centre in New Delhi.
- ‘Study in India’ initiative will open the gates of prominent educational institution of India for foreign students.
- This initiative begin with the focus is on students of 30 Asian, African, Middle East and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries.
- This year 15, 000 seats have been offered by 160 Institutions under the programme, the secretary disclosed.
- These Indian institutions have got high positions in NAAC and NIRF indices.
- The aim of this portal is to develop India as the primary destination for the education of foreign students.
- During the ceremony, a film based on ‘Study in India’ was also performed.