Question: Consider the following statement regarding development project in J&K
1) Prime Minister laid of the foundation stones of two All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Vijaypur and Awantipora
2) Launching of the University of Ladakh will be the first-ever university in the Ladakh region of the state
Which of the following statement/s is/are correct?
(a) only (1)
(b) only (2)
(c) Both (1) and (2)
(d) Neither (1) nor (2)
- On 3 February 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Jammu, Srinagar and Leh and inaugurated / laid foundation stones for various development projects.
- Laid foundation stone of AIIMS in Vijaypur of Jammu and Awantipora of Kashmir.
- Launched University of Ladakh,the first ever University in Ladakh region, established under University of Ladakh Act 2018. It will be a cluster University comprising of degree colleges of Leh, Kargil, Nubra, Zanskar, Drass and Khaltsi. The university will have administrative offices at Leh and Kargil.
- Laid Foundation stone of the North Regional Center campus of Indian Institute of Mass Communication in Jammu.
- Digital launch of various projects under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA).
- Laid the cornerstone of the 1640 meter long two-lane bridge on the Chenab river in Sajwal of Paragwal area of Jammu.
- Laid Foundation stone of 54 new model degree colleges, 11 Professional colleges and 1 women’s university.
- Laid the foundation stone of three model degree colleges in Kishtwar, Kupwara and Baramulla of Jammu and Kashmir.
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology located in Kathua was dedicated to the Nation.
- Announcement of 100% electrification for all the families of Jammu and Kashmir State under SAUBHAGYA Scheme.
- Laid the foundation stone of the 624 MW Kiru Hydroelectric Project in Kishtwar, J&K.
- 400 KV Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh transmission line was also dedicated to the nation.
- Laid Foundation stone of project to reduce pollution of Rivers Devika-Tawi under the National River Conservation Plan (NRCP).
BY Achyutanand Pandey