Question: PM Modi has launched Rupay Card and the release of the Commemorative Stamp on Mahatma Gandhi in which country?
- On 27th August, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi returned to India after completing the scheduled state visits to France, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.
- His visit projected India’s role in the global arena as well as in the Asian Region. India’s prominent stand on protecting environment, climate and digital technology was lauded at the G-7 Summit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the session on digital transformation highlighting India’s efforts in putting digital technology to use to fight social inequalities through empowerment and education.
- He met the world leaders on the sidelines of the G-7 Summit and held bilateral talks. The leaders discussed strengthening strategic partnership with a focus on energy and trade.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the bilateral discussions were useful and looked forward to expand cooperation as large democracies for the benefit of Indian citizens and global peace and prosperity.
- Mr. Modi wrapped up the visit by addressing the Session on Digital Transformative Technology, furthering innovation and promoting digital payments. He also highlighted the efforts of India towards eliminating single use plastic, conserving water, harnessing solar energy and protecting flora and fauna for a sustainable future.
- AIR correspondent reports that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit gave a thrust to India’s closer ties with partner countries and also rejuvenated old ties by signing of memorandum.
- PM Modi’s exceptional accomplishment was lauded by conferring of the Order of Zayed by the UAE. The launch of the Rupay Card and the release of the commemorative stamp on Mahatma Gandhi symbolized the importance of friendship in the Emirates.
- PM Modi received the King Hamad Order of the Renaissance by the King of Bahrain The first ever visit of an Indian Prime Minister pardoned 250 Indians serving sentences in the country.
- It was a moment of rare honour for the Indians even as Prime Minister inaugurated the renovated temple of Shrinathji Krishna Temple built at 45 thousand square feet land by the Thattai Hindu Merchants Community.