Question: Consider the following statements:
(1) The world’s first electric train engine converted from a diesel engine flagged off in Varanasi by Prime Minister
(2) It is a complete ‘Make in India’ initiative
(3) The converted locos will result in less green house gas emissions
Which of the following alternatives is/are true?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Only 3
(d) All 1,2,3
- On 19th February 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first ever 10,000 HP Diesel to Electric Converted Locomotive at the Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi.
- Diesel Locomotive Works has converted two WDG 3A diesel locos into a twin electric WAG C3 loco of 10,000 HP. It is a complete ‘Make in India’ initiative. The converted locos will result in less Green House Gas emissions and better efficient locomotives for the Indian Railways.
- The work on the project began on December 22, 2017 and from concept to execution of the conversion of the diesel locomotive to electric
- It is a part of Indian Railways Mission 100 percent electrification and de-carbonization efforts.