Question: Which of the following state has launched the PEETHA Scheme?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
- Odisha Government on Monday launched an initiative, People’s Empowerment- Enabling Transparency and Accountability of Odisha initiative (PEETHA).
- PEETHA is a part of is a sub scheme of Ama Gaon Bikas Yojana, this is a part of 3T initiative of Technology, Transparency and Team Work model.
- The scheme is aimed at creating awareness about various schemes and improving transparency in distribution of individual and social benefits.
- As per the new initiative, camps will be organized at Gram Panchayat Level from 15th to 20th of every month for awareness and distribution of AMA LED, Mission Shakti, social security assistance like Madhu Babu Pension Yojna and Artist pension, Nirman Yojna and other individual benefit as per local requirements will be taken up.
- Every month the best panchayat in each Block will be awarded Rs. 5 lakh for organizing PEETHA, the best panchayat in each district will be awarded at the district level. Similarly, Panchayats, Blocks and Best Districts will be awarded with special funds at state level.
By Ramayan Upadhyay