Question: Which of the following statements are correct regarding Partners’ Forum 2018?
(1) It will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
(2) It will be the fourth edition of Partners’ Forum
(3) This conference is held for improvement of health conditions of children, adolescent and women.
(4) It will take place on 12th and 13th of December in New Delhi.Correct statements is/are
(a) Only 1 and 2
(b) Only 1, 3 and 4
(c) Only 3
(d) All of the above.
- India hosted the fourth edition of Partners’ Forum, a two day international conference conducted by Government of India in association with The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH) held on 12th and 13th December, 2018 in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This conference will bring together around 1500 participants from across 85 countries.The invited countries have been selected from across all regions and income levels and include countries that are currently chairing key global and regional bodies (e.g. G7, G20, BRICS, etc.). It is a global high-level multi country multi stakeholder event aimed to sustain global momentum for issues like improving the health of women, children and adolescent.
- Running since September 2005 and alliance of around 1,000 plus member in 92 countries, Partners’ Forum is a global platform aiming to reduce child and maternal mortality, improve adolescent, child, newborn and maternal health.
- The previous edition of this conference held in Johannesburg, South Africa (2014). PMNCH`s missions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) particularly in health sector. The programme of Partners’ Forum will be framed around the objectives of global strategy of Survive-Thrive-Transform. Intensified Mission Indradhanush has been selected as one of the case studies.