Question: Recently, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan constituted a parliamentary committee under whose chairmanship to investigate the recovery of black money and performance of public sector banks among a host of subjects?
(a) Mallikarjun Kharge
(b) Ghulam Nabi Azad
(c) Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi
(d) K.V. Thomas
- On May 10, 2018 Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan constituted a 30-member parliamentary committee to examine the recovery of black money and performance of public sector banks among a host of subjects.
- Senior BJP leader Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi has been appointed the head of this committee.
- This parliamentary committee will focus on black money and illegal money which was valid during the period of the ban on account of the RBI report.
- Committee will study issues related to 2018-19 related to various ministries.
- As per the memorandum of the committee, the panel will look into the import of uranium for nuclear plants, mining activities and environment, upgrading of India Post offices and the drought situation in the country among other matters.
- Apart from this, the panel has also short listed preparedness of the armed forces, defence production and procurement as subjects to review and give suggestions to the government.