Question: Organ donation day is observed on which date?
(a) 13th August
(b) 14th August
(c) 15th August
(d) 16th August
Related Fact :
- Organ donation day is observed on 13 August every year.
- This day strives to motivate people to donate their healthy and precious organs after death to save lives.
- As per the National Health Portal, 500,000 people die due to non-availability of organs.
- There is no defined age for organ donation but it is based on a strict medical criteria.
- If someone younger than the age of 18 wants to donate organ then he or she must have an agreement of parents or guardian.
- In the case of natural death tissues of cornea, heart valves, bone and skin can be donated whereas other vital organs like heart, liver, intestines, kidneys, lungs, and pancreas can only be donated in the case of brain death.
- Anyone can be an organ donor irrespective of age, caste, religion, community etc.