Question: Recently, which State has launched Operation Khumaar to make 312 panchayats tobacco-free?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Jammu & Kashmir
- In Jammu and Kashmir a campaign called Operation Khumaar has been launched on 2nd July, 2019 in Rajouri (a border district of Jammu division), to make 312 panchayats tobacco-free.
- The programme is operated by the district administration to make panchayats free from tobacco and tobacco-based products.
- Under this programme, even the headmaster of the schools have been authorised to impose a fine on the sale of tobacco within 100 yards of school limits.
- Block Medical Officers have been directed to set up counseling centres at all Community Health Centres (CHCs) to help tobacco consumers to quit this habit.
- The district officers have been urged upon to work in a mission mode so as to make the society free from the injurious tobacco and tobacco-based products.