Question-operation Inherent Resolve is related to which of the following option?
(a) Indian forces operation against the Naxalites
(b) French army operation against terrorism
(c) Sri Lankan military operation against Tamil rebels
(d) US military operation for the intervention against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)
- Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR) came into news after the Paris terror attack on 13 November 2015 in which about 130 people were killed and several were injured.
- OIR is the US military operation name for the intervention against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), including both the campaign in Iraq and the campaign in Syria.
- Formed in October 2014 to counter ISIS’s sweeping takeover of territory in Iraq and Syria last summer.
- The Task Force brings to bear more than 60 countries in the fight against ISIS.
- The foreign ministers of Russia and US stated that they would explore closer counter terrorism cooperation.