Question: In which of the following country Winter Olympics, 2018 will be organized?
(c) South Korea
- On January 9th, 2018, North Korea decided to send its sports delegation to the Winter Olympic Games to be held in South Korea next month.
- Between the two countries, meeting was held in non-army zone in Panmunjom village on the border of both the countries two years later, where after the meeting, the said decision was taken.
- After the meeting, North Korea decided to send a high level delegation (including players, sports fans, artists, observers and journalists) in winter sports.
- South Korea will consider temporarily removal of the ban on the people of North Korea coming to the Winter Olympics in their country next month.
- It is known that after North Korea’s nuclear and missile tests, South Korea had put a one-sided ban on its officials coming here.
- It is notable that the Winter Olympics, 2018, will be held in South Korea (Pyongchang City) during 9-25 February 2018.
- It will be the 23rd Winter Olympics.
- During this meeting, South Korea also proposed to military talks and get together of families with North Korea.