Question: Who amongst the following was chosen the ‘Player of the Series’ on March 18th, 2018, in the Nidahas Twenty-20 Tri Series?
(a) Rohit Sharma
(b) Shikhar Dhawan
(c) Washington Sundar
(d) Yuzvendra Chahal
- India-Sri Lanka-Bangladesh “Nidahas Twenty-20 Tri Series” concluded in Colombo, Sri Lanka. (March 6th – 18th, 2018)
- This series was organized in honor of the completion of 70 years of Sri Lanka’s independence.
- In Sinhalese language Nidahas means ‘freedom’.
- Finals match venue: R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- In final, India won the prestigious tournament by defeating Bangladesh by 4 wickets.
- ‘Man-of-the-match’ in final – Dinesh Karthik (India), made 29 runs on 8 balls.
- ‘Player of the Series’ – Washington Sunder together with Yuzvendra Chahalfor most 8-8 wickets.
- ‘Most runs in tournament’ – Kusal Perera (Sri Lanka), 204 runs.
- In the first match, India’s Vijay Shankar made his international T20 debut.
- In the third match Bangladesh made their highest score (215 runs) in T20.
- Sri Lanka lost the third match and became the first country to face defeat in 50 matches in T20.
- In the fourth match K.L. Rahul became the first Indian cricketer to be hit wicket in the T20 (bowler- Jeevan Mendis, Sri Lanka).
- In the 6th match, Kusal Perera (Sri Lanka) became the first batsman to score five T20 half centuries against the same opposition team (Bangladesh).
- India became the first team to win after chasing the target of the highest runs (167 runs) given to win the T20 final.
- India’s Dinesh Karthik became the first cricketer to get win for his team by making a six at last ball in any T20 International final.
- Nobody had done this before.
- Although there are four cricketer prior to Kartik who made their team won by making six at the last ball.