Question: Name the country who won the Award of Excellence for ‘Best in Show’ at the recently concluded New York Times Travel Show 2019?
(d) Sri Lanka
- India received the Award of Excellence for ‘Best in Show’at the recently concluded New York Times Travel Show 2019(NYTTS 2019) organized at Jacob K Javits Centre, New York. This is largest travel show in North America, held from 25th – 27th January 2019.
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India participated as the ‘Presenting Partner’ in the travel show with a view to scale up its tourism promotional efforts in The US, enhance India’s visibilityand to increase its share of US Outbound travel market.
- A high level delegation led by Mr Yogendra Tripathi (Secretary, Ministry of Tourism), Government of India and a number of stakeholders from India’s tourism industry participated in the Show.
- Numerous Indian centric activities were organized at the Show including ‘Focus on India’ and Consumer Seminars, Indian cultural performances, Indian Culinary Demonstration, Food tasting, etc.
- India was honored during the Closing Bell Ceremony at the New York Stock Exchange.