Question: Who took the charge as the new Controller General of Accounts on October 16, 2019?
(a) J.P.S. Chawla
(b) Abhijit Tripathi
(c) Satyadev Pachauri
(d) None of these
- On 16 October 2019, J.P.S. Chawla assumed charge as the new Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
- Mr. Chawla is a 1985-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer.
- The Controller General of Accounts is the apex Accounting Authority of the Central Government and exercises the powers of the President under Article 150 of the constitution for prescribing the forms of Accounts of the Union and State Governments on the advice of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
Controller General of Accounts (CGA) is:
- The Principal Advisor on Accounting matters to the Union Government.
- Responsible for establishing and managing a technically sound Management Accounting System.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of the accounts of the Union Government.
- Responsible for exchequer control and internal audits.