Question: Who recently took charge as the chairman of Prasar Bharati Board for the second consecutive term?
(a) Rajiv Singh
(b) Shashi Shekhar Vempati
(c) A .Surya Prakash
(d) Deepak Gupta
- On December 4, 2017, the famous journalist A. Surya Prakash took charge as the Chairman of Prasar Bharti Board for the second consecutive term.
- His tenure will be on this post till 8 February, 2020.
- It is known that Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency.
- It is a statutory autonomous body formed on November 23, 1997 under the Prasar Bharati Act, 1990.
- It includes Doordarshan and Aakashwani.
- Currently Shashi Shekhar Vempati is the Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharti.