Question: Consider the following statements about Indian Athlete Neeraj Chopra:
- He is an Indian javelin thrower.
- Neeraj Chopra best throw is 87.43m at Sotteville Athletics meet, 2018.
- He won gold medal at Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast, Australia.
Which among the above statements is/are correct?
(b) Only 2&3
- India’s star Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra bagged the gold medal in Savo Games, Finland, 2018 by defeating his Chinese Taipei counterpart Chao-Tsun Cheng.
- Champion of Commonwealth Games marked the throw of 85.69m and clinched the top spot in Lapinlahti; Finland. Chinese Taipei javelin thrower Chao-Tsun Cheng maintained the second position with a throw of 82.52m.
- Cheng is the Asian record holder of best throw (91.36m) which he set in the World University Games in Taipei after shattering the previous record of Zhao Qinggang of China (89.15m).
- Prior to this, Neeraj Chopra has won gold medals in Sottevile Athletics Meet (85.17m) France and in Commonwealth Games (86.47m) Gold Coast, Australia. However Neeraj best throw ever recorded is 43m which he made in the IAAF Diamond League 2018, Doha.
- He is a part of India’s squad for Asian Games, 2018 that will be organized in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia from 18 August to 2 September.