Ques: Recently, the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for educational institutions launched. What are the numbers of parameters?
- September 29, 2015 Union HRD Minister, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani Launched National Institutional Ranking Framework Document and Webportal.
- This would meet a felt need for a framework that would enable parents, students, teachers, educational institutions and other stakeholders to rank institutions on the basis of a set of objective parameters and a transparent process.
- The parameters are under the five broad headings-
- Teaching learning and resources
- Research, consulting and collaborative performance
- Graduation outcomes
- Outreach and inclusivity
- Right now these frameworks are available for engineering and management institutes.
- This will be extended to other disciplines like architecture, pharmacy and humanities and for universities from next month.
- This is India’s first framework associated with educational institutions to provide rankings