Question: Which of the following Indian businessman got the top position in Hurun India Philanthropy List 2018
(a) Ratan Tata
(b) Kumar Mangalam Birla
(c) Azim Premji
(d) Mukesh Ambani
- Released on 9th February, 2019 Hurun India Philanthropy List 2018, placed Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani at the top.
- Mr. Mukesh Ambani made the highest contribution of Rs 437 crore between October 2017 and September 2018 for philanthropy.
- He was followed by Ajay Piramal, Piramal Group Chairman who made Rs 200 crore donations during the period.
- The list, compiled by the Hurun Research Institute, ranks individuals from India who donated Rs 10 crore and above between 1st October, 2017 and 30th September, 2018.
- The list included 39 Indians and the total Indian philanthropy amount in the list stands at Rs 1,560 crore.
- It showed that education was the most preferred cause for donations, followed by healthcare and rural development.
- Ambani’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) expenditure is channelized through Reliance Foundation. Ambani’s philanthropic interests include sectors like education, social, rural development and healthcare.
- It is to be noted that Mukesh Ambani was also named as the richest Indian by the Barclays Hurun India Rich List for 2018, released in September last year, with a net worth of Rs 3.71 lakh crore as on July 31, 2018.