Question: Which of the following Indian software company has been 3rd most valued IT service brand?
- According to a report by Brand Finance, India’s Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been ranked 3rd most-valued IT services brand globally in 2018-19 after Accenture and IBM. Four Indian IT firms- TCS, Infosys, HCL and Wipro – grabbed spots in the top -10 global tally.
- Accenture (Valued at $26.3 billion) took the title of world’s most valued IT services brand. Last year, IBM was at the top, Now it slipped to second place this year (Brand Value at US$20.4 billion).
- TCS remains in third place, (Value holding up 23 per cent to US$ 12.8 billion), with a value aided by the brand’s disciplined focus on the market’s increased demand for digital services.
- TCS is also the first Indian IT services brand to achieve success in the Japanese market.TCS has positioned itself as a leader in providing a superior all round customer experience, leveraging artificial intelligence and robotic automation across its transformation programmes.
Facts about TCS:
- TCS is an IT services, digital and business solutions company.
- It provides end-to-end technology related services to global enterprises. The company operate through five segments: Banking, Financial Services & Insurance Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer Packaged goods, telecom, media & entertainment and others such as energy, resources and utilities, high tech, life sciences and healthcare, travel transportation and hospitality, products etc.’
By Ramayan Upadhyay