Question: Which of the following is flagship placement linked skill-training programme under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD)?
(a) Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojna (DDU-GKY)
(b) National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
(c) Craftsmen Training Scheme
(d) None of the above
- On 19 December 2018, Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) signed a memorandum of understanding with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd for training rural youth for skill development under Deendayal Upadhyaya Grameen kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY).
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojna (DDU-GKY) is the flagship placement linked skill-training programme under the Ministry of Rural Development.
- This partnership between the Ministry and the leading industry from the automotive sector will provide training to at least 5000 candidates in two years with assured placement to the rural youth of India.
- One of the ways in which DDU-GKY aims to achieve this is through the “Champion Employers” policy.
- The Champion Employers are the industry leaders who have the potential to provide training and captive employment to the DDU-GKY candidates.
- The policy seeks a strategic alignment of objectives of DDU-GKY with the HR Strategy of organizations, which have a large potential to absorb trained manpower.
- It was launched on 25 September 2014 by Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu on the occasion of 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.