Question: Consider the following statements:
(1) Government has initiated several steps to reduce dependence on fossil fuels
(2) Government has desired that 25% of the total vehicles on roads should be EVs by 2030
(3) Ministry of Power has issued guidelines and standards for charging infrastructure for electric vehicles
Which of the statement/s are correct?
(a) 1 and 2
(b) Only 2
(c) Only 3
(d) All of the above
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has made amendments to the Model Building Byelaws (MBBL) 2016 and Urban Regional Development Plans Formulation and Implementation (URDPFI) Guidelines 2014 making provisions for establishing Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, in order to facilitate availability of Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure.
- Ministry of Power has issued guidelines and standards for charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
- The Guidelines will act as a guiding document to the State Governments and Union Territories to incorporate the norms and standards of Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure in their respective Building Bye Laws.
- Cities and towns in the country are facing the problems of environmental pollution thereby severely impacting the health of the urban residents.
- India is committed to Sustainable Development Goal 13: Climate Change of United Nations to take urgent action to combat climate change.
- Government has initiated several steps to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. One of the major steps is to encourage Electric Vehicles (EVs), which are environment friendly. Government has desired that 25% of the total vehicles on roads should be EVs by 2030.