Question: The design of the Mobile Metallic Ramp (MMR) which has recently been handed over to the Indian Army is prepared by-
(b) TATA Advanced Systems
- On 20th August, 2019; the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) handed over the design of the Mobile Metallic Ramp (MMR) to the Indian Army.
- The DRDO handed over this design to the Deputy Army Chief Lt Gen Devraj Anbu of the Indian Army in a ceremony held at the DRDO building New Delhi.
- The General lauded the efforts of DRDO for providing this useful item at the time when Indian army greatly in need of such things.
Details of Mobile Metallic Ramps:
- The load carrying capacity of this Mobile Metallic Ramp (MMR) is 70 MT.
- MMR has been designed and developed by DRDO’s premier research laboratory Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES)
- It is based on projected requirements by the Army to mobilize armored vehicles and reduce time.
- It will provide strategic mobility for army vehicles & mechanized units and army formations of the Army.
- It is portable, modular in design, which can be easily assembled or disassembled.