Question: Mission Indradhanush is the launched by the government to immunize children under the age of?
(a) 1 year
(b) 3 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 7 years
- Mission Indradhanush 2.0, the second session of the ambitious immunization programme of the government started from December 2 2019.
- The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women.
Major highlights of the Mission Indradhanush 2.0:
- The Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 has been launched to focus on 272 districts of 27 states and 652 blocks of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar among hard-to-reach and tribal populations.
- The program aims to escalate efforts to achieve the goal of attaining 90% national immunization coverage across India.
- The Intensified Mission Indradhanush immunization drive will consist of four rounds of immunization. The program will be completed by March 2020.
- The salient features of IMI 2.0 are immunization activity will be in four rounds over seven working days
- There will be enhanced immunization session with flexible timing, mobile session & mobilization by other departments
- Enhanced focus on left outs, dropouts, and resistant families & hard to reach areas.
- Focus on urban, underserved population and tribal areas.