Question: National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC) has been conferred with the status of-
- National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC) has been conferred with the status of Miniratna: Category–I by the Government of India.
- The empowerment of Miniratna Status to NPCC will help the company in taking speedy decisions by enhancing the delegation of powers to the Board.
- NPCC was established on 9th January, 1957, as a premier construction company to create necessary infrastructure for economic development of the country in the core sectors of irrigation and water resources, power and heavy industries.
- NPCC, which has also been awarded with ISO 9001:2015 Certification, is a schedule ‘B’ Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under the administrative control of Ministry of Water Resources RD & GR.
- NPCC is currently making continuous profit since 2009-10 with having positive net worth for the last six years and has ambitious business plan with enhanced order book position of Rs. 11833 crore.