Question: Technology giant Microsoft had acquired SwiftKey in February 2016. SwiftKey company is related which of the following fields?
(a) Keyboard Application developer
(b) Software developer company
(c) Power Distribution Company
(d) Information Technology Company
- On 3 February 2016 the tecnology giant Microsofthad acquired London based software keyboard application maker “SwiftKey”.
- It may be recalled that microsoft also acquired to-do list app ‘Wunderlist’,a calendar app called ‘Sunrise’ and email app ‘Acompli’.
- SwiftKey is a free keyboard application that powers more than 300 million Android and iOS devices.
- Microsoft intends to integrate SwiftKey technology with their Word Flow technology for Windows.
- Swiftkey was founded by Jon Reynolds and Ben Medlock.
- Microsoft paid US$50 million to acquire it.