Question: Recently the Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Memorandum of Co-operation (MoC) between Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) for the cooperation in which of the following matters?
(a) Information and Communication Technology enabled Real Time Monitoring (ICT-RTM) of ICDS.
(b) Financial cooperation
(c) Human Resource Cooperation
(d) Cooperation for the successful implementation of the schemes
- On 4 May 2016 the Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Memorandum of Co-operation (MoC) between Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) for the cooperation in Information and Communication Technology enabled Real Time Monitoring (ICT-RTM) of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) and other related technical matters.
- The Memorandum of Cooperation would help in:
- Implementation of ICT-RTM of ICDS which will enable the authorities for timely intervention for ensuring proper service delivery.
- Putting up in place a shared national communication campaign, communications strategy and guidelines, customizing communications, products and material to local contexts along with developing plans for large scale dissemination.
- Technical support through high quality technical teams of nutrition experts.
- The phase-I of ICDS Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP) will roll out ICT-RTM through one Lakh Anganwadi Centers (AWCs) in 162 high burden districts of eight participating States.
- Children of 0-6 year’s age, pregnant women and Lactating Mothers being the ultimate beneficiaries.
- The MoC would cover 162 high malnutrition burden districts of eight States namely Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhatisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtrta, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- There is no financial implication on the part of Ministry of Women & Child Development on entering into MoC with BMGF.
- MWCD is implementing International Development Association (IDA) assisted ISSNIP in 162 high burden districts of eight States in the country.
- Phase-I of the ISSNIP which was scheduled to be concluded on 31.12.2015, has since been restructured with modification in activities and extension of time-frame by two years, i.e. up to 30.12.2017.