Question: Recently how many states participated in the Fourth Meeting of CTDP (Council for Trade Development and Promotion) held in New Delhi?
- On 10th January 2019, fourth meeting of the CTDP, (Council for Trade Development and Promotion) chaired by Union Minister Suresh Prabhu, was held in New Delhi.
- Ten states including Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Karnataka, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Nagaland, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh attended the meeting.
- Government of India has planned an Agricultural Export Policy with a targeted attempt to boost India’s agricultural exports to USD sixty billion by 2022.
- He called upon States/ UTs to explore all possible ways of tapping into the global value and supply chain by promoting the export of services, organic agricultural produce, in corporate value addition to agricultural products and fully utilize all the schemes and programmes of the Government of India.
- Suresh Prabhu notified the Council that concerning efforts being created by the Central Government in making ready a development set up for every and each district in order that growth is led from the district upwards which can be a game changer in taking India’s GDP to USD five trillion in 2025.