Question: Who among the following Indian woman boxers won record six gold medals in World Boxing Championship?
(a) Aruna Mishra
(b) Sarjubala Devi
(c) Mary Kom
(d) Simranjit Kaur
- On 11thDecember, 2018, six time world boxing Champion Mary Kom has been conferred the title “Meethoileima”(par excellent queen/great or exceptional lady) by the Manipur Government in afelicitation ceremony held at Khuman Lampak Sports Complex in Imphal.
- On the occasion, State ChiefMinister N. Biren Singh handed over a cheque of ten lakh rupees to her.
- Imphal West DC Road towards GameVillage will be named as MC Mary Kom Road.
- She is the only woman to become World Amateur Boxing Champion fora record six times, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one ofthe seven world championships.
- On 26 April 2016, Mary Kom was nominated by the President of India as a member of the Rajya Sabha.