Question: Respective participation of Union Government and Government of Uttar Pradesh in the Lucknow Metro Rail Project Phase-1 A if of-
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 December 2015 approved the Lucknow Metro Rail Project Phase-1 A.
- The cost of the project will be Rs. 6,928 crore which will be supported by Government of India with Rs.1,300 crore.
- The project will be implemented by the Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC), which will be reconstituted into a 50:50 jointly owned company of Union Government and Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Out of the total route length of 22.878 km, elevated route will be 19.438 km while underground route length will be 3.440 km. with total 19 elevated and three underground metro stations.
- The metro train will play between Chowdhary Charan Singh Airport and Munshi Pulia.