Question: Which city has been named the world’s Best City for Students in the ‘QS Best Student Cities ranking’?
(c) New York
- UK’s capital London has been named as the world’s best city for students for the second consecutive year in the ‘QS Best Student Cities ranking’.
- In the sixth edition of the QS Best Student Cities Ranking, Japan’s capital Tokyo and Melbourne secured 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- According to the rankings, India’s best student city is Bangalore (81st), followed by Mumbai (85th), Delhi at 113 and Chennai at 115 out of a total of 120 cities ranked in the list.
- The ranking has been compiled by global education consultancy QS Quacquarelli Symonds.
- The ranking highlighted each city’s performance across six categories – the number of top-ranked universities; the proportion of a city’s population made up of students; quality of life on offer; job opportunities available after graduation; affordability; and the feedback of the students themselves.
- Both US and UK have 14 cities ranked, led by Boston (12th) and London (1st) respectively.
- Asia’s top city remains Tokyo (2nd) followed by Seoul (10th) and Hong Kong (14th).