Question: “Purvodaya” is related to which of the following field?
(c) Natural Gas
- Ministry of steel in partnership with CII(Confederation of Indian Industry ) and JPC is organising the launch of ‘Purvodaya’: Accelerated Development of Eastern Region through an Integrated Steel hub.
- Purvodaya will be a world-class steel hub. It would significantly contribute to propelling socio-economic development in the Eastern region.
- It is expected that the growth of the steel industry through such a hub will generate over 2.5 Million jobs in the region through its world-class logistics and utility infrastructure.
- The Eastern region of India, though extremely rich in resources, lags behind other states in terms of development.
- Eastern states of India (Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal and Northern Andhra Pradesh) collectively hold ~80% of the country’s iron ore, ~100% of coking coal and significant portion of chromite, bauxite and dolomite reserves.