Question: Name the Indian boxer, who secured first position in the latest AIBA Rankings?
(a) Sarjubala Devi
(b) Pinki Rani Jangra
(c) MC Mary Kom
(d) Sakshi Malik
- Prominent Indian women boxer Mary Kom is ranked number one with 1700 points in the latest International Boxing Association`s (AIBA) world rankings in 45-48kg category.
- She became the most successful boxer in world championship history when she claimed the 48kg category top honours in Delhi in November last year becoming six time World Women’s Boxing Champion.
- She achieved Gold Medal last year in the Commonwealth Games and at a tournament in Poland. She also won Silver in the prestigious Strandja Memorial in Bulgaria.
- Among others from India, Pinki Rani Jangra is placed 8th in 51kg category, Manisha Maun is placed 8th in the 54kg category and Sonia Lather is placed at 2nd spot in 57kg category.
- International Boxing Association (AIBA) is a sport organization formed in 1946 and headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland. It sanctions Olympic style boxing matches and awards world and subordinate championships.