Question: BWF World Junior Championships 2018 was organized in which of the following city?
(a) Markham, Canada
(b) Dublin, Ireland
(c) Vienna, Austria
(d) Madrid, Spain
- India’s top junior shuttler Lakshya Sen settled for a bronze medal at the Li Ning BWF World Junior Badminton Championships 2018 at Markham, Canada. He was defeated by the world junior number one Kunlavut Vitidsarn of Thailand.
- This medal marks the India’s fifth boys singles bronze medal at the BWF World Junior Championships and the only medal India got at this year’s Championships.
- Siril Verma was Boy’s Singles silver-medallist at the World Junior Championships in the year 2015.
- Saina Nehwal (2008) remains India’s exclusive gold medallist at the BWF World Junior Championships.
- The Li-Ning BWF World Junior Badminton Championships was split into two competitions: The team event and the individual competitions (singles, doubles and mixed doubles).