Question: Consider the following statement:
(1) Leather mission is related to Khadi and Village Industry Commission (KVIC)
(2) Khadi and Village Industry Commission (KVIC) is an apex organization under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
of the above, correct statement/s is/are:
(a) Only (1)
(b) Only (2)
(c) Both (1) and (2)
(d) All the above
- On 9th August, 2019, Khadi and Village Industry Commission (KVIC) distributed as many as 50 leather kits and 350 Bee-Boxes with live bee colonies in tribal-dominated village in Sirohi district of Rajasthan.
- Sirohi is one of the aspirational districts in India identified by the NITI Aayog, on World Tribal Day.
- On this occasion, a new programme ‘Leather Mission’ was also launched from the tribal-dominated village of Chandala.
- Also,350 Bee-Boxes were distributed at the function.So far, KVIC has distributed over 1.15 lakh Bee-Boxes across the nation among the marginalized community, which has provided jobs to over 11,500 people.
- It has not only increased the income of the bee-keeping farmers, but has also increased the yield of the crops by up to 30 percent due to cross-pollination of the honey-bees.
Khadi and Village Industry Commission (KVIC):
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body formed by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956.
- It is an apex organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, with regard to khadi and village industries within India,
- It seeks to – plan, promote, facilitate, organize and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.