Question: Recently the President of India has appointed former IPS officer, Kiran Bedi as the Lt. Governor of which of the Union territory?
(a) Daman and Diu
(d) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- On 22 May 2016 the President of India has appointed former IPS officer Kiran Bedi as the Lt. Governor of Puducherry.
- The appointment will be in effect from the date she assumes charges of her office.
- She became the first woman to join the Indian Police Service (IPS) in 1972
- In 1994 she won “Ramon Magsaysay Award” also called as Asia’s Nobel Prize.
- In 2004, she was conferred with United Nations Medal for outstanding service.
- In 2015 she joined the BJP just before the Assembly elections in Delhi and was the party’s chief ministerial candidate.