Question: Name major Army Training Exercise conducted by Indian Army in Punjab recently?
(a) Vajra Prahar
(c) Dharma Guardian
(d) Kharga Prahar
- A major training exercise ‘Kharga Prahar’ was conducted by the Indian Army in Punjab, from 27 May- 4 June, 2019.
- This exercise was undertaken in the plains of Punjab by various units and formations of Army’s Kharga Corps. The components of the Indian Air Force also participated in the exercise.
- Validation of latest operational concepts designed to deliver a swift punitive blow to the adversary were the key features of this exercise.
- The exercise setting also incorporated aspects of joint training wherein para drops from the Indian Air Force aircraft were carried out and simulated battlefield air strikes were conducted in support of ground forces.
- The exercise was successful in validating many important operational aspects and brought out valuable lessons and also reinforced a high degree of operational preparedness of the Kharga Corps.